Fort House Surgery Statement of Intent for Patient Online Services
This practice currently offers the facility for patients:
- to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- to view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies and adverse reactions
These services are available, on request, to any patients registered with this practice aged 16 and over. Parents/guardians may request access on behalf of child they care for. However please note that, in line with Royal College General Practitioners guidance, parental access will be withdrawn automatically when the child turns 11.
We are now working towards expanding online access to records to include more detailed information on illnesses, procedures, immunisations and test results with effect from 2017.
We will be doing this in the following stages to ensure the necessary processes are in place to safeguard patient confidentiality and promote effective use of records access:
- Pilot patient access to full coded records with a small group of patients
- Review this process and identify whether we can improve any aspect
- Promote access to priority patients – for example those with long term conditions
- Offer access to all patients over the age of 16 who request it
- Establish procedures for parents and carers to request online access to record of patients they care for.