Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Asthma, Diabetic, Hypertension and Coronary Heart Disease
- Additional InformationClinics for these conditions are run by the nurses. By appointment only.
Blood Tests (Phlebotomy)
- Additional InformationA bookable appointment service is offered every weekday.
- Additional InformationContraceptive care is provided by all the doctors during surgery hours. You can also see the nurses for general advice and routine pill check.
Dr Williams also offers coil fittings and implants on Tuesday afternoons.
- Additional InformationThis can be carried out by Dr Jones by appointment on Wednesday afternoons.
We also offer a specialised joint injection service carried out by Dr Redfern.
- Additional InformationWe offer an anticoagulant monitoring service at the practice.
The NHS is aiming to provide more services in GP practices rather than in hospital to enable patients to have nearer, more accessible healthcare in a familiar setting. Fort House can provide this service using an advanced technique requiring only finger pricking to determine your INR result.
The benefits are:
A high quality, local, ongoing monitoring service, liaising and working alongside the hospital service
A quick finger prick test
Immediate results facilitating any medication change required
A follow-up appointment booked there and then
- Additional InformationThis is recommended for all women between 50-70 years and is performed locally. Women are routinely recalled every three years.
- Additional InformationRecommended for women aged between 25 - 50 years at three-yearly intervals (50-64 at five-yearly intervals). It can detect cancer at a curable stage, before symptoms have appeared. We support a routine recall system for our patients. Please book an appointment with one of our Nurses.
Non-NHS (Private) Examinations
- Additional InformationThe doctors are happy to carry out medicals eg insurance and driving licence, by appointment. Telephone the surgery for an appointment. Please ask at reception for the charges for these services.
In addition we offer private health checks comprising a 45-minute consultation with one of our doctors, an ECG, bowel cancer screening and blood testing. Additional X-rays, lung monitoring and referrals can be arranged if indicated.
This service is for patients of Fort House Surgery only.
- Additional InformationWeybridge and Walton Physiotherapy hold sessions at the Fort House on a Tuesday and Friday AM.
- Additional InformationDr Loughlin holds clinics here at Fort House twice a month on a Wednesday.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01932 253055.